Over 90 field commanders left CRPF in four years
New Delhi: Beset with problems of poor
training and amenities, the CRPF saw over 90 of its field
commanders either resigning or taking voluntary retirement
over the last four years.
According to official figures, while 59 officers upto
the rank of Commandant have taken VRS in the last four years,
32 have resigned from the force.
Out of the 59 who took VRS, there were 31 Assistant
Commandants while among those who resigned, there were 19
Deputy Commandants and 12 Assistant Commandants.
Deputy Commandants and Assistant commandants are
two crucial posts at the field level during operations when
both Commandant or 2nd in Command is not part of it.
The number of head constables who retired from the
force has also increased since 2007.
While in 2007, only 763 head constables took VRS, the
number climbed to 1,048 and finally to 2,526 in subsequent
The number of those who have resigned from the force
is highest in the rank of constables with 107 doing so in
2007, 129 in 2008 and 119 in 2009.
Altogether, 6,270 men personnel either resigned or
took VRS in the last four years upto the level of Inspectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II