Over 90 field commanders left CRPF in four years
New Delhi: Beset with problems of poor
training and amenities, the CRPF saw over 90 of its field
commanders either resigning or taking voluntary retirement
over the last four years.
According to official figures, while 59 officers upto
the rank of Commandant have taken VRS in the last four years,
32 have resigned from the force.
Out of the 59 who took VRS, there were 31 Assistant
Commandants while among those who resigned, there were 19
Deputy Commandants and 12 Assistant Commandants.
Deputy Commandants and Assistant commandants are
two crucial posts at the field level during operations when
both Commandant or 2nd in Command is not part of it.
The number of head constables who retired from the
force has also increased since 2007.
While in 2007, only 763 head constables took VRS, the
number climbed to 1,048 and finally to 2,526 in subsequent
The number of those who have resigned from the force
is highest in the rank of constables with 107 doing so in
2007, 129 in 2008 and 119 in 2009.
Altogether, 6,270 men personnel either resigned or
took VRS in the last four years upto the level of Inspectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside