Over 9000 personnel left paramilitary in 2010
New Delhi: Over 9,000 personnel have left
central paramilitary forces this year owing to reasons varying
from domestic problems to deployment in remote and difficult
terrains, besides VRS schemes and death or disability.
The highest attrition has been reported by CRPF with
3,522 personnel quiting their job, Minister of State for Home
Affairs Ajay Maken told Lok Sabha in a written reply today.
It was followed by BSF with 3,000 and CISF with 1,417
personnel leaving the forces. In total, the attrition rate up
to June 30 this year in the six paramilitary forces was 9,036.
"The main reasons for attrition are superannuation,
retirement, removal from service on account of disciplinary
proceedings, death or disability, resignation and voluntary
They also include "family, personal or domestic problems,
separation from family for long durations, difficult duties in
remote or hard areas, sickness, mental depression, psychiatric
and emotional cases," Maken said.
Other reasons cited by him were fear of punishment for
wrong doings, attractive alternative employment and reduction
of qualifying service for full pension after the sixth Central
Maken said steps have been taken to prevent the high
attrition rates. They include transparent leave policy,
revamping of grievance redressal machinery, provision of
telephone facilities to troops, increased risk and hardship
allowance, yoga classes for better stress management, better
facilities and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming