Over four lakh students to appear in IIT-JEE 2010
Chennai: About 4.72 lakh students across the
country will appear for the IIT-JEE 2010 being held
tomorrow for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology.
Prof TS Natarajan, Organising Chairman, JEE 2010, told PTI
that an average of 60,000-80,000 students were expected to
appear in seven IIT zones in the country for 10,000 seats in
15 IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi and ISM, Dhanbad.
Counselling for General Category students will be held
online this year, giving candidates and authorities relief
from crowded campuses during admission. For others like OBC
it will be held in the campuses to verify certificates and
veracity of claims (regarding reservation benefits), he said.
``There will be two question papers, each of three hours
duration (9am-12 noon and 2-5 pm). Both the question papers
will consist of three separate sections on Chemistry,
Mathematics and Physics,`` he said.
There could be slight variations every year in the question
pattern and ``one cannot predict,`` on it, he added.
Besides the present overseas Centre in Dubai, efforts to
establish a similar one in Singapore ``had not fructified so
far since it requires a lot of spadework,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!