Over one lakh pilgrims visit Amarnath
Jammu: Over one lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir even as a batch of 3,250 devotees on Saturday left the Jammu base camp.
One lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the ice lingam of the Amarnath cave shrine till Friday evening, police said.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 93 vehicles, carrying 3250 devotees, left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 5 am, police said.
The tenth batch of pilgrims, which include 2,452 men, 720 women and 28 children, apart from 50 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley.
With the new batch, a total of 23,384 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt