Over one lakh pilgrims visit Amarnath
Jammu: Over one lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir even as a batch of 3,250 devotees on Saturday left the Jammu base camp.
One lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the ice lingam of the Amarnath cave shrine till Friday evening, police said.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 93 vehicles, carrying 3250 devotees, left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 5 am, police said.
The tenth batch of pilgrims, which include 2,452 men, 720 women and 28 children, apart from 50 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley.
With the new batch, a total of 23,384 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video