Over seven lakh candidates appear for UGC`s NET
New Delhi: Over seven lakh candidates on Sunday appeared for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission across the country for the award of junior research fellowship and eligibility for lectureship.
In the capital, nearly 47,000 candidates took the test at 105 centres, the UGC said in a statement here.
However, there was some commotion at the Indraprastha University Headquarters in Dwarka Sector 16 where about 200 candidates reached this morning claiming that they have not received their admit cards.
UGC officials said candidates appearing for the examination have to download their admit cards from the website of the university concerned.
As a matter of exception, the UGC allowed the candidates to take the examination at Indraprastha University headquarters, which was not a designated test centre.
"In spite of the negligence on the part of the candidates, the Centre Coordinator went out of the way and permitted them to take the test by making seating arrangements for them at the IP University headquarters itself even though the headquarters was not the designated test centre," the UGC statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside