Overnight rains bring down temperature in Delhi
New Delhi: Overnight rains brought down the minimum temperature to a cool 22.1 degree Celsius in the city Tuesday, the lowest for the month of June in the past three years.
Several parts of the city received showers and the rain gauges measured 0.6 mm till 8:30 am. There were light showers in some parts of the capital during the morning hours
Today`s minimum was six degrees below normal and the lowest in the month for the past three years. Yesterday, the minimum was 27.6 degree Celsius.
Last year, the lowest was on June one when it touched 22.6 degree Celsius while 25.2 degrees in June one and two of 2008.
In 2007, the lowest minimum was recorded 17th and 18th of June at 22 degree Celsius.
The all time record for the lowest temperature in June was recorded in 2006 when it touched 18 degrees on the 17th of the month.
According to the Weatherman, similar weather conditions are likely to continue in the city tomorrow with a partly cloudy sky. The minimum and maximum are likely to be 27
and 37 degrees respectively.
The capital has been experiencing relatively better weather in the past couple days as the day temperature was below 40 degree Celsius.
The night temperature also had shown a decline after touching a 41-year-old record of 34.4 degrees some days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore