Owaisi condemns Hyderabad blasts, appeals for peace
Hyderabad: MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday condemned the twin bomb blasts in the city and appealed to people to maintain peace.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president said it was a testing time for people and called for unity to defeat the designs of terrorists.
"I strongly condemn this is inhuman and barbaric act. Many innocents have lost their lives," he told reporters in New Delhi.
Owaisi appealed to people to maintain peace and communal harmony, saying only unity among people could give a befitting reply to the terrorists.
The Hyderabad MP demanded that the police and other investigating agencies take immediate steps to bring the culprits to book.
He assured the government of all the help from his party in maintaining peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress