Owaisi condemns Hyderabad blasts, appeals for peace
Hyderabad: MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday condemned the twin bomb blasts in the city and appealed to people to maintain peace.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president said it was a testing time for people and called for unity to defeat the designs of terrorists.
"I strongly condemn this is inhuman and barbaric act. Many innocents have lost their lives," he told reporters in New Delhi.
Owaisi appealed to people to maintain peace and communal harmony, saying only unity among people could give a befitting reply to the terrorists.
The Hyderabad MP demanded that the police and other investigating agencies take immediate steps to bring the culprits to book.
He assured the government of all the help from his party in maintaining peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise