Owaisi condemns Hyderabad blasts, appeals for peace
Hyderabad: MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday condemned the twin bomb blasts in the city and appealed to people to maintain peace.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president said it was a testing time for people and called for unity to defeat the designs of terrorists.
"I strongly condemn this is inhuman and barbaric act. Many innocents have lost their lives," he told reporters in New Delhi.
Owaisi appealed to people to maintain peace and communal harmony, saying only unity among people could give a befitting reply to the terrorists.
The Hyderabad MP demanded that the police and other investigating agencies take immediate steps to bring the culprits to book.
He assured the government of all the help from his party in maintaining peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez