Owaisi condemns Hyderabad blasts, appeals for peace
Hyderabad: MIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday condemned the twin bomb blasts in the city and appealed to people to maintain peace.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) president said it was a testing time for people and called for unity to defeat the designs of terrorists.
"I strongly condemn this is inhuman and barbaric act. Many innocents have lost their lives," he told reporters in New Delhi.
Owaisi appealed to people to maintain peace and communal harmony, saying only unity among people could give a befitting reply to the terrorists.
The Hyderabad MP demanded that the police and other investigating agencies take immediate steps to bring the culprits to book.
He assured the government of all the help from his party in maintaining peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown