Oxfam to give dry food, blankets to Uttarakhand flood victims
New Delhi: Oxfam India, a rights-based organization, on Saturday announced humanitarian assistance in the form of dry food and blankets for flood-affected and shelter-less victims of the flood in Uttarakhand.
The organization will provide fleece blankets as well as dry food rations to the victims. It is also coordinating its efforts with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and through its partners in the affected areas, a statement released by Oxfam India said today.
Relief operations include providing water and sanitation, safety and protection of women and children.
The rights-based organization works across the globe to reduce people`s vulnerability to disasters in the long term by helping them protect their homes and assets against natural disasters like flooding, by providing safe water and sanitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Both US and India have been tolerant nations since their existence: Acharya Lokesh
- Narsingh Yadav dope case: Grappler took banned substance intentionally, claims CAS