Oxfam to give dry food, blankets to Uttarakhand flood victims
New Delhi: Oxfam India, a rights-based organization, on Saturday announced humanitarian assistance in the form of dry food and blankets for flood-affected and shelter-less victims of the flood in Uttarakhand.
The organization will provide fleece blankets as well as dry food rations to the victims. It is also coordinating its efforts with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and through its partners in the affected areas, a statement released by Oxfam India said today.
Relief operations include providing water and sanitation, safety and protection of women and children.
The rights-based organization works across the globe to reduce people`s vulnerability to disasters in the long term by helping them protect their homes and assets against natural disasters like flooding, by providing safe water and sanitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Federal Alliance hints at joining new govt in Nepal
- Great Red Spot the source of heat on Jupiter: Scientists
- Lloyds to cut 3,000 jobs, close more branches after Brexit shock
- Chhattisgarh IAS officer claims 94% of death row convicts are Dalits, Muslims, triggers row
- Mahasweta Devi—A voice of the oppressed