Oxfam to give dry food, blankets to Uttarakhand flood victims
New Delhi: Oxfam India, a rights-based organization, on Saturday announced humanitarian assistance in the form of dry food and blankets for flood-affected and shelter-less victims of the flood in Uttarakhand.
The organization will provide fleece blankets as well as dry food rations to the victims. It is also coordinating its efforts with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and through its partners in the affected areas, a statement released by Oxfam India said today.
Relief operations include providing water and sanitation, safety and protection of women and children.
The rights-based organization works across the globe to reduce people`s vulnerability to disasters in the long term by helping them protect their homes and assets against natural disasters like flooding, by providing safe water and sanitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested