Oz attacks: MEA calls Indian High Commissioner to Delhi
New Delhi: India has called its High
Commissioner to Australia Sujata Singh for consultations in
the backdrop of continuing attacks on Indians there.
The High Commissioner will be here on February 10 and
will brief External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao on the situation, sources said here
She is expected to give her assessment about what
steps the Australian government has taken to prevent the
attacks and punish the guilty.
Krishna had met his Australian counterpart Stephen
Smith in London last week twice on the sidelines on a
multilateral conference on Afghanistan.
Smith has assured Krishna that a high-level working
group would be set up by the federal government and the
government of Victoria state to study the spate of attacks on
Indians in that country.
Over 100 Indians, mostly students have been attacked
in Australia since last year, and one of the attacks has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says