Oz police say no foul play suspected in Indian`s death
Melbourne: Australian police probing the
death of an Indian national in Sydney does not suspect any
foul play but is awaiting the autopsy report on the body,
which was found on a roadside.
The body of Dharmendra Singh, the young Indian hailing
from Punjab was found in Sydney early morning yesterday.
According to official sources, Singh who was having
drinks with his friends on Saturday night left the venue but
was found dead near his friend`s house.
Sources told a news agency that autopsy of the body will take place
tomorrow to determine the cause of his death.
Meanwhile, police has denied any foul play into the
incident and said they were investigating the case, the source
The police has confirmed that a body of an Indian
national was found on South Street in Granville and that a
report had been prepared and sent to the coroner.
A police spokesman said the death did not appear
"From what can see there is no suspicious circumstances
... there is nothing that is escalating this further," the
"Police have no concerns over the nature of the incident
and we are ensuring all the medical protocols are done," he
The spokesman said he could not reveal the suspected
cause of death which was being investigated by senior police
and forensic officers.
He said the investigation had followed strict protocol
and a preliminary finding had been sent to the coroner.
Over 100 cases of attacks on Indians have been reported
since the last year in Australia, mostly in Victoria with one
Twenty-one-year-old Indian-youth Nitin Garg was stabbed
to death in Australia on January 3, in the first case of
casualty in a series of vicious attacks on the community
Garg, who migrated from Punjab and had permanent
residency in Australia, was stabbed in the abdomen in a park
while on his way to work.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview