P Chidambaram’s ‘zero loss’ theory slammed
New Delhi: Lashing out at the P Chidambaram’s zero loss theory on the allocation of coal blocks, political scientist Yogendra Yadav on Sunday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh could have stopped the loot as he was handling the Coal Ministry.
Addressing crowd at Janatar Mantar with members of India against Corruption here, Yadav insisted that PC Parakh, who was India`s coal secretary between 2004 and 2005 and wrote letters to the government against the disputed coal allocation policy, should be invited to speak.
“The current policy to allocate coal blocked was formed in 1993 by the Narasimha Rao government. All successive governments and corporate houses have been gaining from the policy since then”, noted Yadav.
He also pointed out that while the UPA government stalled Parliament on a cartoon controversy, it never disrupted the House over the coal allocation issue in the past seven years.
In the meantime, senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan added: “You (Government) are allocating natural resources to private companies on much less than actual price. You cannot claim zero loss just because one company does not sell the coal to other companies.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check