P Chidambaram’s ‘zero loss’ theory slammed
New Delhi: Lashing out at the P Chidambaram’s zero loss theory on the allocation of coal blocks, political scientist Yogendra Yadav on Sunday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh could have stopped the loot as he was handling the Coal Ministry.
Addressing crowd at Janatar Mantar with members of India against Corruption here, Yadav insisted that PC Parakh, who was India`s coal secretary between 2004 and 2005 and wrote letters to the government against the disputed coal allocation policy, should be invited to speak.
“The current policy to allocate coal blocked was formed in 1993 by the Narasimha Rao government. All successive governments and corporate houses have been gaining from the policy since then”, noted Yadav.
He also pointed out that while the UPA government stalled Parliament on a cartoon controversy, it never disrupted the House over the coal allocation issue in the past seven years.
In the meantime, senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan added: “You (Government) are allocating natural resources to private companies on much less than actual price. You cannot claim zero loss just because one company does not sell the coal to other companies.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know