P Chidambaram’s ‘zero loss’ theory slammed
New Delhi: Lashing out at the P Chidambaram’s zero loss theory on the allocation of coal blocks, political scientist Yogendra Yadav on Sunday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh could have stopped the loot as he was handling the Coal Ministry.
Addressing crowd at Janatar Mantar with members of India against Corruption here, Yadav insisted that PC Parakh, who was India`s coal secretary between 2004 and 2005 and wrote letters to the government against the disputed coal allocation policy, should be invited to speak.
“The current policy to allocate coal blocked was formed in 1993 by the Narasimha Rao government. All successive governments and corporate houses have been gaining from the policy since then”, noted Yadav.
He also pointed out that while the UPA government stalled Parliament on a cartoon controversy, it never disrupted the House over the coal allocation issue in the past seven years.
In the meantime, senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan added: “You (Government) are allocating natural resources to private companies on much less than actual price. You cannot claim zero loss just because one company does not sell the coal to other companies.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation