PAC summons heads of telecom firms in 2G, 3G allocation case
New Delhi: Parliament`s Public Accounts
Committee has summoned DB Etisalat CEO Atul Jhamb, Shamik Das
of S-Tel and Sigve Brekke, MD of Unitech, in connection with
2G and 3G spectrum allocation case along with Ratan Tata, Anil
Ambani and corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
Radia, chairperson of Vaishnavi Corporate Communications
and Tata, Chairman of Tata sons Limited, have been asked by
the PAC to appear before it on April 5 at 11 AM and 3 PM
respectively to give "oral evidence" on the subject "recent
developments in the telecom sector including allocation of 2G
and 3G spectrum".
Anil Ambani, Chairman ADA, Reliance Communications
Limited; Atul Jhamb, CEO, Etisalat DB Telecom India Private
Limited; Shamik Das, CEO, S-Tel Private Limited; and Sigve
Brekke, MD, Unitech Wireless Limited have also been called to
depose before the PAC on April 5 from 11 AM onwards.
All the sessions will be held in Parliament`s library
In the revelations made by Radia tapes, the corporate
lobbyist is heard influencing cabinet allocation in UPA-II and
making efforts to ensure that A Raja (DMK) gets the Telecom
portfolio. Raja is now in jail in the 2G spectrum allocation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?