PAC summons heads of telecom firms in 2G, 3G allocation case
New Delhi: Parliament`s Public Accounts
Committee has summoned DB Etisalat CEO Atul Jhamb, Shamik Das
of S-Tel and Sigve Brekke, MD of Unitech, in connection with
2G and 3G spectrum allocation case along with Ratan Tata, Anil
Ambani and corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
Radia, chairperson of Vaishnavi Corporate Communications
and Tata, Chairman of Tata sons Limited, have been asked by
the PAC to appear before it on April 5 at 11 AM and 3 PM
respectively to give "oral evidence" on the subject "recent
developments in the telecom sector including allocation of 2G
and 3G spectrum".
Anil Ambani, Chairman ADA, Reliance Communications
Limited; Atul Jhamb, CEO, Etisalat DB Telecom India Private
Limited; Shamik Das, CEO, S-Tel Private Limited; and Sigve
Brekke, MD, Unitech Wireless Limited have also been called to
depose before the PAC on April 5 from 11 AM onwards.
All the sessions will be held in Parliament`s library
In the revelations made by Radia tapes, the corporate
lobbyist is heard influencing cabinet allocation in UPA-II and
making efforts to ensure that A Raja (DMK) gets the Telecom
portfolio. Raja is now in jail in the 2G spectrum allocation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster