Paid news a serious issue: Kapil Sibal
New Delhi: Observing that paid news is a
"serious issue" that does not allow truth to come out, Union
Minister Kapil Sibal on Monday said such a trend needs to be
Sibal said the concept of paid news should be done
away with to allow "healthy debates" on serious issues. "Paid
news does not allow truth to come out and is a serious issue
that needs to be corrected," Sibal said at the award function
of `Business Standard` newspaper here.
He also said that the political process needs to match
with the change that the country is going through and asked
media to play a constructive role by highlighting
"India is going through enormous change. But the
response of political process does not match with this
development. Here journalists can play a good role as we have
free press," he said.
To match with the changes taking place in the country,
he said it is important for the establishment to respond in a
Talking about paid news, Sibal said, "During
elections, I faced it, experienced it. It is not even
political advertisement in which things are written about the
good things that one has done. It does not allow truth to come
The minister said the young professionals who are
well-trained and know their responsibility and aware about the
areas that they cover are a way out of this impasse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!