Paid news should be curbed: Former CEC
Chennai: Decrying the practice of `paid news`, former Chief Election Commissioner TS Krishnamurthy on Friday said all stakeholders should discuss the issue and workout ways to prevent biased reports during elections.
"There is a lobby in certain media which are biased especially during elections. This has to be curbed by all the stakeholders," he said at a talk on `paid media in the present political scenario`.
"Paid news had gathered importance in recent times", he said adding `huge amount` was involved in it.
He said there were numerous TV channels across the country including local cable channels and it was impossible to regulate these channels during polls.
He said some corporates were also `influencing` media in favour of political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH