Paid news should be curbed: Former CEC
Chennai: Decrying the practice of `paid news`, former Chief Election Commissioner TS Krishnamurthy on Friday said all stakeholders should discuss the issue and workout ways to prevent biased reports during elections.
"There is a lobby in certain media which are biased especially during elections. This has to be curbed by all the stakeholders," he said at a talk on `paid media in the present political scenario`.
"Paid news had gathered importance in recent times", he said adding `huge amount` was involved in it.
He said there were numerous TV channels across the country including local cable channels and it was impossible to regulate these channels during polls.
He said some corporates were also `influencing` media in favour of political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday