Pained by PM`s statement on UPA allies: Pawar
Mumbai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement on UPA allies has caused "pain and unease" to us, NCP chief and Union minister Sharad Pawar said on Tuesday.
Speaking in Parliament yesterday, Singh had referred to the challenges that a coalition government faces when making policy and other decisions.
He had said difficult decisions were getting "more difficult" because of coalition compulsions. The statement came in the backdrop of the Congress-led UPA government facing stiff opposition from allies over various measures.
"There is not even a single instance where we (NCP) have caused any hindrance (for the government). Making such a sweeping statement has caused anguish and unease for us.
"I am the NCP chief. We have 15 MPs in Parliament. We have been working with this PM and the government for the last 7-8 years," Pawar said.
There has been no occasion when the government took one decision and NCP another, Pawar said. "We maintain coalition dharma."
Asked if the government would become unstable over the PM`s remarks, Pawar said he does not see any such thing happening. To another query, the Union minister ruled out possibility of mid-term polls.
Pawar clarified that his party had no grouse against the ruling coalition at the Centre and his reaction was limited only to the PM`s statement.
"We don`t have any other grouse against the UPA government. It is limited only to the PM`s statement. If he has issues with any (ally) party, the PM has the full right to take a position on it.
"We felt bad about the PM`s statement, because we (NCP) never acted like this (against coalition dharma)," Pawar maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review