Pained by PM`s statement on UPA allies: Pawar
Mumbai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement on UPA allies has caused "pain and unease" to us, NCP chief and Union minister Sharad Pawar said on Tuesday.
Speaking in Parliament yesterday, Singh had referred to the challenges that a coalition government faces when making policy and other decisions.
He had said difficult decisions were getting "more difficult" because of coalition compulsions. The statement came in the backdrop of the Congress-led UPA government facing stiff opposition from allies over various measures.
"There is not even a single instance where we (NCP) have caused any hindrance (for the government). Making such a sweeping statement has caused anguish and unease for us.
"I am the NCP chief. We have 15 MPs in Parliament. We have been working with this PM and the government for the last 7-8 years," Pawar said.
There has been no occasion when the government took one decision and NCP another, Pawar said. "We maintain coalition dharma."
Asked if the government would become unstable over the PM`s remarks, Pawar said he does not see any such thing happening. To another query, the Union minister ruled out possibility of mid-term polls.
Pawar clarified that his party had no grouse against the ruling coalition at the Centre and his reaction was limited only to the PM`s statement.
"We don`t have any other grouse against the UPA government. It is limited only to the PM`s statement. If he has issues with any (ally) party, the PM has the full right to take a position on it.
"We felt bad about the PM`s statement, because we (NCP) never acted like this (against coalition dharma)," Pawar maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues