Pak agency apprehends 13 Indian fishermen
Jamnagar: Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) has apprehended 13 Indian fishermen and seized 12 boats, a fishermen`s body said on Tuesday.
PMSA yesterday confronted 13 Indian fishing trawlers with 76 fishermen in the international waters off Zakhau Coast. Later, it apprehended 13 fishermen and 12 Indian boats, taking them away to Karachi, National Fish Workers` Forum`s national secretary Manish Lodhari said.
"However, the PMSA let off a boat with 63 fishermen, who reached the port of Okha here today and informed us about the abduction of 13 Indian fishermen and 12 boats," he said.
Lodhari, who is also the Porbandar Boats Association`s secretary, said that fishermen apprehended by Pakistan were from Porbandar, Mangrol and Vanakbar regions.
The Indian Coast Guard, marine police, and district authorities have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!