Pak agency apprehends 13 Indian fishermen
Jamnagar: Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) has apprehended 13 Indian fishermen and seized 12 boats, a fishermen`s body said on Tuesday.
PMSA yesterday confronted 13 Indian fishing trawlers with 76 fishermen in the international waters off Zakhau Coast. Later, it apprehended 13 fishermen and 12 Indian boats, taking them away to Karachi, National Fish Workers` Forum`s national secretary Manish Lodhari said.
"However, the PMSA let off a boat with 63 fishermen, who reached the port of Okha here today and informed us about the abduction of 13 Indian fishermen and 12 boats," he said.
Lodhari, who is also the Porbandar Boats Association`s secretary, said that fishermen apprehended by Pakistan were from Porbandar, Mangrol and Vanakbar regions.
The Indian Coast Guard, marine police, and district authorities have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users