Pak agency apprehends 13 Indian fishermen
Jamnagar: Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) has apprehended 13 Indian fishermen and seized 12 boats, a fishermen`s body said on Tuesday.
PMSA yesterday confronted 13 Indian fishing trawlers with 76 fishermen in the international waters off Zakhau Coast. Later, it apprehended 13 fishermen and 12 Indian boats, taking them away to Karachi, National Fish Workers` Forum`s national secretary Manish Lodhari said.
"However, the PMSA let off a boat with 63 fishermen, who reached the port of Okha here today and informed us about the abduction of 13 Indian fishermen and 12 boats," he said.
Lodhari, who is also the Porbandar Boats Association`s secretary, said that fishermen apprehended by Pakistan were from Porbandar, Mangrol and Vanakbar regions.
The Indian Coast Guard, marine police, and district authorities have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai