Pak agency apprehends 13 Indian fishermen
Jamnagar: Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) has apprehended 13 Indian fishermen and seized 12 boats, a fishermen`s body said on Tuesday.
PMSA yesterday confronted 13 Indian fishing trawlers with 76 fishermen in the international waters off Zakhau Coast. Later, it apprehended 13 fishermen and 12 Indian boats, taking them away to Karachi, National Fish Workers` Forum`s national secretary Manish Lodhari said.
"However, the PMSA let off a boat with 63 fishermen, who reached the port of Okha here today and informed us about the abduction of 13 Indian fishermen and 12 boats," he said.
Lodhari, who is also the Porbandar Boats Association`s secretary, said that fishermen apprehended by Pakistan were from Porbandar, Mangrol and Vanakbar regions.
The Indian Coast Guard, marine police, and district authorities have been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how