Pak Army fires rockets on Indian posts in Kashmir
Jammu: The Pakistani Army fired mortar shells at five Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate, military sources said Wednesday.
The Pakistanis fired over 40 mortars and rockets at the Kirpan, Kranti, Roza Battal and Nanga Tekri posts in the Krishna Ghati and Jhallas sectors Tuesday night, the sources said.
These posts are in the high mountains of Poonch district, 240 km north of Jammu. There was no damage to the posts.
The Pakistani Army was not only trying to escalate tensions but seeking to push a group of infiltrators into India, army sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot