Pak Army fires rockets on Indian posts in Kashmir
Jammu: The Pakistani Army fired mortar shells at five Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate, military sources said Wednesday.
The Pakistanis fired over 40 mortars and rockets at the Kirpan, Kranti, Roza Battal and Nanga Tekri posts in the Krishna Ghati and Jhallas sectors Tuesday night, the sources said.
These posts are in the high mountains of Poonch district, 240 km north of Jammu. There was no damage to the posts.
The Pakistani Army was not only trying to escalate tensions but seeking to push a group of infiltrators into India, army sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"