Pak Army fires rockets on Indian posts in Kashmir
Jammu: The Pakistani Army fired mortar shells at five Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate, military sources said Wednesday.
The Pakistanis fired over 40 mortars and rockets at the Kirpan, Kranti, Roza Battal and Nanga Tekri posts in the Krishna Ghati and Jhallas sectors Tuesday night, the sources said.
These posts are in the high mountains of Poonch district, 240 km north of Jammu. There was no damage to the posts.
The Pakistani Army was not only trying to escalate tensions but seeking to push a group of infiltrators into India, army sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users