Pak Army violates ceasefire, fires on forward areas
Jammu: Pakistani Army on Tuesday again violated the ceasefire by firing on forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, prompting Indian troops to retaliate.
Pakistani troops opened fire with automatic weapons and small arms on forward areas along LoC in Gambhir area in Bhimbher Gali sub-sectors from 0510 hours this morning, Defence Spokesman Col R K Palta said here.
Indian troops guarding the borderline retaliated with equal calibre weapons, triggering exchanges which ended around 0700 hours, he said.
"There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the firing and shelling by Pakistan", the spokesman said.
Pakistani Rangers had yesterday targeted an Indian border outpost along the IB in Kathua district, drawing retaliation from BSF troops.
There have been nearly 150 ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu and Kashmir this year, the highest in the past 8 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'