Pak boat with 8 crew apprehended off Guj coast
Ahmedabad: A Pakistani boat with eight
crew members on board has been apprehended from the sea about
35 nautical miles from Mithapur coast in Jamnagar district
on Saturday, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said.
"A Pakistani boat, which seems to have drifted into
India waters due to rough sea has been apprehended by us and
is being brought to Okha coast," ICG officials told agency.
"There are eight crew members on the boat which was
found in the rough sea about 35 nautical miles off the
Mithapur coast in Jamnagar," they said.
Primarily, it appears to be a fishing boat as some
fish was also found on the vessel, they added.
It could have drifted into the Indian territory due to
rough weather in the Arabia sea, as it was difficult even for
the ICG vessel to remain stable in the rough sea, officials
The Pakistani boat is being brought to Jamnagar coast
where the crew would be interrogated, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living