Pak boat with 8 crew apprehended off Guj coast
Ahmedabad: A Pakistani boat with eight
crew members on board has been apprehended from the sea about
35 nautical miles from Mithapur coast in Jamnagar district
on Saturday, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said.
"A Pakistani boat, which seems to have drifted into
India waters due to rough sea has been apprehended by us and
is being brought to Okha coast," ICG officials told agency.
"There are eight crew members on the boat which was
found in the rough sea about 35 nautical miles off the
Mithapur coast in Jamnagar," they said.
Primarily, it appears to be a fishing boat as some
fish was also found on the vessel, they added.
It could have drifted into the Indian territory due to
rough weather in the Arabia sea, as it was difficult even for
the ICG vessel to remain stable in the rough sea, officials
The Pakistani boat is being brought to Jamnagar coast
where the crew would be interrogated, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH