Pak boat with 8 crew apprehended off Guj coast
Ahmedabad: A Pakistani boat with eight
crew members on board has been apprehended from the sea about
35 nautical miles from Mithapur coast in Jamnagar district
on Saturday, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said.
"A Pakistani boat, which seems to have drifted into
India waters due to rough sea has been apprehended by us and
is being brought to Okha coast," ICG officials told agency.
"There are eight crew members on the boat which was
found in the rough sea about 35 nautical miles off the
Mithapur coast in Jamnagar," they said.
Primarily, it appears to be a fishing boat as some
fish was also found on the vessel, they added.
It could have drifted into the Indian territory due to
rough weather in the Arabia sea, as it was difficult even for
the ICG vessel to remain stable in the rough sea, officials
The Pakistani boat is being brought to Jamnagar coast
where the crew would be interrogated, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi