Pak can’t deny Saeed’s role in 26/11: Krishna
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Friday rubbished Pakistan’s claims that New Delhi has not provided concrete evidence against 26/11 mastermind and the founder of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) Hafiz Saeed, and instead asked Islamabad to act against him.
Speaking to reporters, Krishna said, “Through various dossiers, the Home Minister of India has provided to Pakistan concrete evidence against Hafiz Saeed for his role in the planning and execution of 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai. No denial on their part can exonerate them.”
Krishna, while maintaining that the dossiers contain detail information about his involvement in terror attacks said, “Unless there is a judicial enquiry in Pakistan, responsibility can’t be fixed. Unfortunately the Pakistan government has not felt it proper to investigate this.”
When quizzed whether the issue would be discussed during Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardadri’s upcoming visit to India, the Minister said, “I don’t know if it will be discussed during Zardari’s visit, but still there is a chance."
He, however, upheld that there was no trust deficit in the Indo-Pak bilateral ties and expressed optimism that there are several important issues that can be taken up by the two sides in future.
"From whatever I have gathered in last three years from Hina Rabbani Khar (Pakistan’s Foreign Minister), she told me personally that there is a mindset that has changed in Pakistan and she brings that to India, so I believe her. India-Pakistan bilateral relationship is looking up...eventually it will," Krishna said.
His reaction came a day after Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani told the National Assembly that his government cannot take action against Hafiz Saeed in the absence of solid evidence.
Prime Minister Gilani said the matter of LeT founder is an "internal issue" and if there is any concrete proof against the outlawed Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief then it should be provided to Pakistan.
Gilani also cautioned that at a time when Pakistan`s Parliament is framing new rules of engagement for the US, such "negative messages would increase the trust deficit".
He made the remarks yesterday while responding to points raised by lawmakers during a joint session of the National Assembly and Senate about the USD 10 million bounty offered by the US for Saeed.
Earlier, Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry also asked India to provide concrete evidence against the LeT founder.
The US Monday announced an award of up to $10 million for information leading to arrest and conviction of Saeed and $2 million for Hafiz Adbul Rahman Makki, under the Rewards for Justice programme, for information on the two terrorists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo