‘Pak, Chinese TV channels a matter of concern’
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said
availability of signals of several Pakistani and Chinese TV
channels in the country`s border areas was a matter of serious
concern and it was taking appropriate steps to counter this.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said
her Ministry was determined to ensure that people in these
areas do not get these foreign channels at their homes.
"Pakistani signal gets into India. Chinese signal gets
into India. It is a serious matter and we will take
appropriate steps to counter the challenge," she said
addressing a workshop here.
Noting that a huge vacancy of 11,000 posts in
Doordarshan and All India Radio and other wings of her
Ministry was affecting operations, she said soon to retire
engineers from the Armed Forces as well as retired personnel
of state police will be recruited on contract basis to fill up
Pakistani TV channels are available in many border
areas of Jammu and Kashmir while signals of some Chinese
channels are available in some North-Eastern states.
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes