Pak couple waiting for visa for their son born at Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer: Having denied permission to board the Thar Express at Rajasthan`s Munabao three days ago with their newborn, a Pakistani couple was still waiting for a visa for their 14-day-old son, family sources said on Monday.
Mai Fatima, who was pregnant, had come with her husband Meer Mohammed to Jaisalmer on February 22 to meet her mother after her father`s death, and she delivered a baby boy on April 14 at a private hospital, oner of their relatives, Raseed Khan, said at Basanpeer near Jaisalmer.
But when the parents tried to return to Pakistan, the authorities reportedly refused to allow the family to cross the border as the child`s name does not figure on the parents` passport.
Meer Mohammed yesterday left for Delhi to visit Pakistani High Commission to get a visa for his boy so that they could leave for their home, Khan said.
However the local municipal council also issued a birth certificate to the newborn on April 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing