Pak court allows Sarabjit`s sister to meet him
Lahore: A Pakistani court Wednesday gave
permission to the sister of Indian national Sarabjit Singh,
sentenced to death for alleged involvement in bomb blasts in
Punjab province, to meet him at Kot Lakhpat Jail tomorrow.
Sarabjit`s counsel Awais Sheikh had filed a petition
in the Lahore High Court asking it to permit Dalbir Kaur to
meet her brother in jail.
Chief Justice ijaz Chaudhry heard the petition this
morning and permitted Kaur to meet Sarabjit in the prison at
11 am tomorrow, Sheikh said.
Kaur arrived in Lahore on June 6 to meet Sarabjit and
appeal to the Pakistan government for his release.
Kaur and other members of Sarabjit’s family had last
visited Pakistan in 2008 to meet him.
Sarabjit has been on death row since he was convicted
for alleged involvement in four bomb blasts in 1990 that
killed 14 people.
His family insists that he was wrongly convicted for
Though he was set to be hanged in 2008, Pakistani
authorities put off his execution indefinitely after Prime
Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani intervened in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred