‘Pak DAG cleaning shoes in Gurudwara anti-Islam’
Sangrur: The All India Muslim Personal Law Board has termed as "anti-Islam" Pakistan’s Deputy Attorney General Khurshid Khan cleaning shoes at the Golden Temple Amritsar during his recent visit to India in March.
Terming Khan`s act as "anti-Islam", AIMPLB founder Mufti-Fuzail-Ul-Rehman told reporters at Malerkotla that instead of performing voluntary service at the Gurdwara as "penance for crimes committed by the Taliban", it would have been in the interest of Islam if he had offered prayers to Khuda (Almighty) following Islamic tenets".
Mufti was reacting to the issue of notice to Khan by the Pakistan Supreme Court’s Bar Association to explain why action should not be taken against him for defaming his nation.
On the contrary, the National Sikh Intellectuals Council secretary general Hardev Singh Sahoke endorsing Khan’s act said the Pakistan government should either clarify its stand or ask the Bar Association to explain the need for issuing such a notice to Khan for performing voluntary service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands