Pak envoy invite to separatists `strange and ironical`: VHP
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir unit of VHP on Monday termed the invite by Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit to Kashmiri separatists as "strange and ironical", saying the neighbouring country is playing with the sovereignty of India.
"It is very strange and ironical that Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit has dared to invite Kashmiri separatists ... In Delhi on August 19 to have consultations ahead of Indo-Pak foreign secretaries` meet on August 25," state VHP patron Ramakant Dubey told reporters here.
"India has always tried to maintain good relations with the neighbouring countries but Pakistan has always responded in a negative way with double standards," he charged.
On one hand Pakistan is coming for high-level talks while on the other hand, the Pakistan High Commissioner is inviting separatists and that too on the Indian soil.
Pakistan has dared to play with the sovereignty of the country, he said.
The Indian Prime Minister has already sent a clear message to Pakistan and other countries to maintain good relations with them but not at the cost of security and sovereignty of the country, he said.
VHP appeals the Centre to take strong steps and send a clear message to the Pakistan High Commissioner to immediately withdraw his invitation to the separatists, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why