Pak forces violate ceasefire along LoC
Jammu: Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire by firing on Indian posts along Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, forcing Indian troops to retaliate effectively.
"Pakistani troops resorted to firing from automatic weapons on Indian posts along the LoC in Bhimber Gali area of Rajouri district from 2330 hours last night," a defence spokesperson said here today.
Troops guarding the borderline fired back resulting in intermittent exchanges of fire, he said, adding, "firing exchanges continued for a brief period".
There was no death, injury or damage to anyone on this side of the LoC due to the firing, the spokesperson said.
This is the fourth incident of ceasefire violation in the past 11 days along the LoC. On May 3, Pakistani troops resorted to firing from small arms and automatic weapons on Indian posts along the LoC in Mendhar in Poonch district from 2330 hours without causing loss of life or injury.
On April 28, Pakistani troops resorted to firing from small arms and automatic weapons on Indian posts along the LoC in Bhimber Gali in Rajouri district.
On April 25, Pakistani troops had violated the ceasefire by firing with small arms and mortars on Indian posts in Doda battalion areas along the LoC in Poonch district.
There were inputs that militants were trying to infiltrate into India and the firing was "probably a ploy to ensure infiltration of terrorists under the cover of firing", the spokesman said.
In 2013, 12 jawans were killed and 41 injured in the highest number of ceasefire violations (149) and firing by Pakistan troops on forwards post, civilian areas and patrolling parties along Indo-Pak border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog