Pak govt wants composite dialogue with India
Islamabad: A high-level inter-ministerial
meeting of Pakistan government today discussed India`s offer
for Foreign Secretary-level talks and sought a "meaningful and
result-oriented composite dialogue" to resolve outstanding
issues and usher in peace and stability in South Asia.
"The meeting reaffirmed the commitment of the government
of Pakistan to enter into a meaningful and result-oriented
composite dialogue process with India in the interest of
peace, development and stability in South Asia and to resolve
all outstanding issues between Pakistan and India," a
statement issued by the Foreign Office said.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi chaired the
inter-ministerial meeting at the Foreign Office that was
attended by Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, Pakistan`s High
Commissioner to India Shahid Malik, Director General (South
Asia) Afrasiab Mehdi Hashmi and senior officials of the
military, ISI and defence and interior ministries.
The inter-ministerial meeting was "convened to consider
the Indian offer to resume dialogue with Pakistan and to
evolve Pakistan`s views towards the Indian proposal," the
India has proposed talks at the level of the Foreign
Secretaries later this month. The two sides are yet to decide
on a date and venue for the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door