Pak hackers wage `cyber war` on Indian sites
Islamabad: A group of Pakistani Internet hackers has waged a cyber war on Indian sites, claiming to have infected over 200 of them and said the act was a revenge for a similar attack on Pakistani websites by a self-proclaimed "Indian Cyber Army".
The group, describing itself as "Predators PK", said it hacked the Indian sites Friday in retaliation to the November 26 cyber attack carried out by the Indian Cyber Army (ICA), according to Pakistani daily The Express Tribune.
Among the 36 websites hacked by the ICA on November 26 this year, were the websites of Pakistan Navy, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Education and Finance as well as Islamic organisations.
In retaliation, Predators PK has targeted websites of India`s Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), colleges, NGOs, Indian companies and religious organisations among others, the daily said and published the list of hacked websites circulated by Predators PK.
The modus operandi was similar to the ICA attack, with pages developed by the hackers being inserted onto Indian servers and sites being hacked to root level.
However, unlike the ICA attack which was cited as "revenge for 26/11" (the Mumbai terrorist attack on November 26, 2008), the page inserted by Pakistani hackers did not suggest ideological motivations, but simply revenge.
The message by a hacker called HEX786 read: "This is Just A Warning To All Script Kiddies Indians Hackers. Stop Being no0bs and Defacing Pakistani Web Sites Dont prove Us to Do Something. Your Security Was good But We Like Breaking it !"
HEX786 also commented on The Express Tribune website saying, "Before this gov web sites defacement Pakistani hacker hacked in 1200 Indians web sites. we hacked BJP Web site Nehor web site 5 top Hackers forums. Indians Media Web sites All site on the Record in Google."
"We R already Fighting Cyber War the indians Started Against Pakistan... its Our gov Weakness they are hosted Web sites on Cheap Web servers. All Pakistani Nation Should Understand Pakistani hackers is a big Power on the internet. Now the Pakistani government should strictly protect their sites. We had told them the same day when the problem was Created... Pakistani people should not worry because pakistani Hackers alive," the group said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest