`Pak hand an excuse to cover up govt`s failure`
New Delhi: Terming as "shocking" the Home Ministry statement that elements in Pakistan are behind creating panic among people from the north-east, Janata Dal (United) on Sunday alleged that it was an "excuse" by the government to "cover up" its "inept" handling of situation.
"It was a shocking statement made by Home Secretary R K Singh that panic stricken Indians from North East fled Bangalore after reports of attacks on some of them emanated from Pakistan," said JD(U) president Sharad Yadav.
Strongly disapproving of Singh`s statement, the JD(U) leader said "the statement, I suppose would have been made with the approval of the government."
He said the violence in Assam and its fall out in other parts of the country leading to exodus of Northeast people has completely exposed the inept handling of the situation by the government.
"It may be that something has erupted from Pakistan but I am sure that the government to cover up its inept handling of situation has taken the name of Pakistan. It is an excuse."
Accusing the intelligence agencies under the Home Ministry for "sleeping", Yadav said "such an act has not been planned in a day or two but it must have been planned well in advance."
Contending that he was "sure" that culprits behind the violence in Assam and subsequent rumour mongering were in India, Yadav said stern action should be taken so that no one dares to repeat the acts in the future.
Taking on the government, he said "when the governments have failed to control the situation it was very easy to blame Pakistan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing