`Pak hand an excuse to cover up govt`s failure`
New Delhi: Terming as "shocking" the Home Ministry statement that elements in Pakistan are behind creating panic among people from the north-east, Janata Dal (United) on Sunday alleged that it was an "excuse" by the government to "cover up" its "inept" handling of situation.
"It was a shocking statement made by Home Secretary R K Singh that panic stricken Indians from North East fled Bangalore after reports of attacks on some of them emanated from Pakistan," said JD(U) president Sharad Yadav.
Strongly disapproving of Singh`s statement, the JD(U) leader said "the statement, I suppose would have been made with the approval of the government."
He said the violence in Assam and its fall out in other parts of the country leading to exodus of Northeast people has completely exposed the inept handling of the situation by the government.
"It may be that something has erupted from Pakistan but I am sure that the government to cover up its inept handling of situation has taken the name of Pakistan. It is an excuse."
Accusing the intelligence agencies under the Home Ministry for "sleeping", Yadav said "such an act has not been planned in a day or two but it must have been planned well in advance."
Contending that he was "sure" that culprits behind the violence in Assam and subsequent rumour mongering were in India, Yadav said stern action should be taken so that no one dares to repeat the acts in the future.
Taking on the government, he said "when the governments have failed to control the situation it was very easy to blame Pakistan."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far