Pak has much to answer: Krishna on Headley disclosures
Dar es Salam: Lashkar operative David
Headley`s damning testimony on ISI`s links to the 2008 Mumbai
attacks leaves Pakistan with "much to answer" to the world,
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna said Thursday.
The Chicago trial of Pakistani-Canadian terror suspect
Tahawwur Rana and LeT operative Headley`s testimony in the
case have thrown up startling revelations over how the
powerful spy agency ISI directly handled the 26/11 attacks on
India`s financial capital.
"I think ISI and the government of Pakistan has so
much to answer, not only to India but to the international
community," Krishna said.
India has time and again raised the issue of action
against Mumbai attacks masterminds with Pakistan and Headley`s
claims have only buttressed India`s position that ISI was
linked to 2008 terror attack that left 166 people dead.
With fresh disclosures coming from Chicago, New Delhi
feels its worst fears have come true about Pakistan`s ISI
"working very closely" with terror outfits in that country and
being behind a sustained "hate campaign" against India.
Headley`s depositions in Mumbai terror attack trial in
a Chicago court have "confirmed our suspicions that ISI is not
only behind the 26/11 Mumbai attacks but is also actively
involved in a sustained hate campaign against India," Indian
government sources said.
"Pakistan has a lot to answer and these things cannot
be brushed under the carpet," the sources said.
Asked whether the fresh revelations would hamper the
Indo-Pak dialogue process, the sources said while one cannot
"gloss over the diabolical aspects", India would keep its
engagement going with Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi