`Pak has to do more on the issue of terrorism`
On board Special Aircraft: On the eve of Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary-level talks, India on Tuesday said Pakistan has to do more on tackling terrorism but pointed out that the progress on the matter has not held the dialogue process to ransom.
"The acrimony of old times is no longer there (between India and Pakistan)," External Affairs Minister SM Krishna told reporters on board the special flight on his way back from Tajikistan.
"Pakistan has to do more on the issue of terrorism...But the issue of progress on terrorism has not held the dialogue process to ransom," he added.
Krishna`s remarks came ahead of tomorrow`s meeting between Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani in New Delhi.
The meeting is taking place in the backdrop of the arrest of Zabiuddin, aka Abu Jundal, who has revealed that he, along with LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, was in the control room in Pakistan during 26/11 Mumbai carnage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed