`Pak has to do more on the issue of terrorism`
On board Special Aircraft: On the eve of Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary-level talks, India on Tuesday said Pakistan has to do more on tackling terrorism but pointed out that the progress on the matter has not held the dialogue process to ransom.
"The acrimony of old times is no longer there (between India and Pakistan)," External Affairs Minister SM Krishna told reporters on board the special flight on his way back from Tajikistan.
"Pakistan has to do more on the issue of terrorism...But the issue of progress on terrorism has not held the dialogue process to ransom," he added.
Krishna`s remarks came ahead of tomorrow`s meeting between Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani in New Delhi.
The meeting is taking place in the backdrop of the arrest of Zabiuddin, aka Abu Jundal, who has revealed that he, along with LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, was in the control room in Pakistan during 26/11 Mumbai carnage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly