Pak Hindu migrants demands refugee status
Jodhpur (Raj): Pakistani Hindu migrants, staying in Jodhpur, today made a fresh demand to the Centre that they should be given refugee status.
"The issue (of granting refugee status) has not been taken up with all seriousness by the government till now," said Hindu Singh Sodha, president of Seemant Lok Sangthan, an organisation working for their rights.
According to an estimate, around 300 Hindus have migrated to Jodhpur from Pakistan last year and are staying in the city.
"It is high time to raise the issue on international platforms," Sodha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?