Pak Hindu migrants demands refugee status
Jodhpur (Raj): Pakistani Hindu migrants, staying in Jodhpur, today made a fresh demand to the Centre that they should be given refugee status.
"The issue (of granting refugee status) has not been taken up with all seriousness by the government till now," said Hindu Singh Sodha, president of Seemant Lok Sangthan, an organisation working for their rights.
According to an estimate, around 300 Hindus have migrated to Jodhpur from Pakistan last year and are staying in the city.
"It is high time to raise the issue on international platforms," Sodha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand