Pak Hindu migrants demands refugee status
Jodhpur (Raj): Pakistani Hindu migrants, staying in Jodhpur, today made a fresh demand to the Centre that they should be given refugee status.
"The issue (of granting refugee status) has not been taken up with all seriousness by the government till now," said Hindu Singh Sodha, president of Seemant Lok Sangthan, an organisation working for their rights.
According to an estimate, around 300 Hindus have migrated to Jodhpur from Pakistan last year and are staying in the city.
"It is high time to raise the issue on international platforms," Sodha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’