Pak Hindu migrants demands refugee status
Jodhpur (Raj): Pakistani Hindu migrants, staying in Jodhpur, today made a fresh demand to the Centre that they should be given refugee status.
"The issue (of granting refugee status) has not been taken up with all seriousness by the government till now," said Hindu Singh Sodha, president of Seemant Lok Sangthan, an organisation working for their rights.
According to an estimate, around 300 Hindus have migrated to Jodhpur from Pakistan last year and are staying in the city.
"It is high time to raise the issue on international platforms," Sodha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- It's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: Deepika Padukone
- Chhatisgarh to ban commercial vehicles over 10-12 years old
- Arvind Kejriwal wants Brexit-style referendum on full statehood for Delhi
- Sky is the limit for me with right director: Alia Bhatt
- BJP's alliance with Akali Dal will continue in Punjab: Jha