Pak Hindu migrants demands refugee status
Jodhpur (Raj): Pakistani Hindu migrants, staying in Jodhpur, today made a fresh demand to the Centre that they should be given refugee status.
"The issue (of granting refugee status) has not been taken up with all seriousness by the government till now," said Hindu Singh Sodha, president of Seemant Lok Sangthan, an organisation working for their rights.
According to an estimate, around 300 Hindus have migrated to Jodhpur from Pakistan last year and are staying in the city.
"It is high time to raise the issue on international platforms," Sodha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL