New Delhi: India`s latest dossier on the
Mumbai attacks in which it has sought action against JuD chief
Hafiz Mohd Saeed is being examined by Pakistan which is in "a
cooperative mood" and wants to help, Foreign Minister Shah
Mahmood Qureshi said today.
"... Our position is that the dossier has been handed
over to us. We are examining it. Once we have examined it, we
will issue an official statement," Qureshi told Express 24/7
news channel from Turkey, where he is on an official visit.
He said Pakistan`s Interior Ministry is examining the
latest dossier provided by India and that the document has not
been rejected by Islamabad yet.
"I would not like to jump to conclusions. I think we
should not be impatient. Pakistan will issue its reaction at
the appropriate time once we have examined the dossier," he
But earlier in the day, Interior Minister Rehman Malik virtually rejected the dossier when he said that if New Delhi does not provide information on the 26/11 attacks and the Samjhauta Express tragedy, Pakistan will not be responsible for any future terrorist attacks in India.
To a question about statements on the issue by Indian
leaders, Qureshi said: "I can only suggest that they should
stay calm and they should stay composed. Pakistan is in a
cooperative mood, we want to help."
"We understand the challenges facing the region and they
should not misinterpret our intentions," Qureshi said.
India handed over the latest dossier on the Mumbai
attacks to Pakistan on August 21. Officials have said the
dossier highlights evidence against Saeed, also the founder of
the Lashker-e-Taiba that carried out the attacks on Mumbai.
Qureshi`s remarks follow External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna`s statement in New Delhi that India has "painstakingly
collected evidence to convey the involvement" of persons like
Saeed in the Mumbai attacks.