Pak infiltrating terrorists into India: Home secy
Jammu: Blaming Pakistan for not changing its
attitude on cross-border infiltration, union Home Secretary
G K Pillai on Friday said that the neighbouring country continues
to push-in terrorists from border into Jammu and Kashmir.
"There has been no change in the attitude of Pakistan.
They are infiltrating terrorists from the border. It is borne
by the facts on the ground," Pillai told reporters soon after
the high-level meeting to review the border situation and
counter infiltration measures in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Infiltration continues and that is something, which we
have always said. There has been increase in it," said the
union Home Secretary, who arrived in Jammu on a two-day visit
to review security scenario of Jammu and Kashmir.
He further said that terror infrastructure has not been
dismantled in that country and militants are staged to
infiltrate to this side.
To a question about security situation of Jammu and
Kashmir, he said that security situation has further improved
and level of violence is down.
Pillai held high level border security meeting with
the officers of security agencies and civil administration in
civil secretariat later this afternoon to review the security
scenario in Jammu and Kashmir, including the infiltration bids
by militants along Line of Control (LoC) and International
He also held a meeting at Police Headquarters about
modernisation and raising up of more battalions of police
The union Home Secretary would be visiting border area in
Suchetgarh and Abdullian Border out posts (BOPS) in RS Pura
sector tomorrow, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa