Pak intruder killed near LoC in Poonch
Jammu: A Pakistani intruder was killed along the Line of Control in Poonch sector early on Monday when the Army foiled an infiltration bid by firing at him, resulting in detonation of explosives carried by him.
The incident took place in Saujiyan sector of Poonch at 0430 hours when alert troops noted a movement from across the border into the Indian territory, Army said.
When challenged, he tried to run away back into the Pakistan territory under the cover of darkness, the Army said, adding the troops fired at him.
In the exchange of fire, a blast was heard by the troops and the intruder was blown to pieces, they said, adding possibly the grenades carried by him had detonated.
Army moved in close to the operations area and found the badly mutilated body of the intruder.
Army had foiled an infiltration bid in the same sector on June 26 when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was flagging off the first train connection between Banihal in Jammu region to Qazigund in Kashmir division.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Northern Command, Lt General KT Parnaik, who retired yesterday, had expressed his concern on June 17 over the presence of terrorists at the high altitude sector along LoC in Poonch.
Nine suspected Pakistan Army Border Action Team men had allegedly intercepted BSF porters in this sector on May 14 and snatched supplies from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state