Pak intruder killed near LoC in Poonch
Jammu: A Pakistani intruder was killed along the Line of Control in Poonch sector early on Monday when the Army foiled an infiltration bid by firing at him, resulting in detonation of explosives carried by him.
The incident took place in Saujiyan sector of Poonch at 0430 hours when alert troops noted a movement from across the border into the Indian territory, Army said.
When challenged, he tried to run away back into the Pakistan territory under the cover of darkness, the Army said, adding the troops fired at him.
In the exchange of fire, a blast was heard by the troops and the intruder was blown to pieces, they said, adding possibly the grenades carried by him had detonated.
Army moved in close to the operations area and found the badly mutilated body of the intruder.
Army had foiled an infiltration bid in the same sector on June 26 when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was flagging off the first train connection between Banihal in Jammu region to Qazigund in Kashmir division.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Northern Command, Lt General KT Parnaik, who retired yesterday, had expressed his concern on June 17 over the presence of terrorists at the high altitude sector along LoC in Poonch.
Nine suspected Pakistan Army Border Action Team men had allegedly intercepted BSF porters in this sector on May 14 and snatched supplies from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply