Pak kills Indian fisherman; abducts 30 others off Guj coast
Ahmedabad: A Indian fisherman was killed and 30 others were allegedly kidnapped by Pakistani Maritime Security Agency, which took them away in five boats from international waters off Jakhau coast in Gujarat, a member of fishermen boat association said here on Saturday.
"Pakistani agencies started indiscriminate firing on fishing boat `Dhanvati`, yesterday morning at around four when they were fishing in international waters," Porbandar Boat association vice-president Manish Lodhari told a news agency.
In the firing, one fisherman, Naran Sosa died. We came to know about this incident when the boat which was from Porbandar, returned here this morning with his body, he said.
"When we were fishing in international waters, Pakistani agency boats came there and started firing on us. We managed to escape but one of our fellow fishermen died," Magan Soso, one of fishermen of five member team who were present on boat Dhanvati said after returning to Porbandar.
"They have kidnapped 30 other Indian fishermen in their five boats," Lodhari said.
We have informed all the agencies about the incident here like police, coast guard and state government. We will be soon giving representations to central and state government on the issue," he added.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has demanded from the central government to take this issue seriously and investigate it.
"Spoke to A K Antony on Pakistan`s action against Guj fishermen today. Urged him that Centre should take a serious note and investigate it," Modi wrote on his twitter account.
This is the first major attack on Indian fishermen by Pakistan after the start of fishing season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata