Pak marines open fire; Indian fisherman injured
Bhuj: An Indian fisherman was injured in open fire by Pakistan Marine Security Agency near the International Maritime boundary line on Friday.
The Indian fishermen who were fired upon were on board the boat Sagar Suraj. The incident happened off the coast of Jakhau, which is close to the Gujarat coastline.
The injured fisherman has been rushed to a nearby hospital.
"One of the six fishermen on board, Daya Bhai, sustained bullet injuries when Pakistan Marine Security Agency personnel opened indiscriminate fire on them late last night as they were fishing in international sea," marine police officials said.
However, the fishermen who witnessed the incident claimed that the attack was unprovoked.
A Coast Guard ship rushed to the spot after being contacted by the fishermen through wireless. Subsequently, the injured fisherman and others were brought to the nearest port.
A case has been registered in this regard with the Marine Police station in Okha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble: It's a great honour to be back in Indian dressing room in different role
- India vs Zimbabwe PHOTO: When MS Dhoni shared red-eye selfie on Facebook
- M.M. Khan murder: Manish Sisodia accuses hotelier of working under political patronage
- Experts for central epidemiological database to deal with bio-terrorism
- Cleric suspended after selfies with Pakistan`s `Kim Kardashian`