`Pak must act against terror groups to better ties with India`
New Delhi: In a strong indictment of
Pakistan, Germany today said groups like LeT were a creation
of ISI and Islamabad will have to satisfy India that it was
acting against the terror outfit if it wants to improve
relations with its neighbour.
"I would agree that it (Mumbai attacks) was not only the
aim of just LeT but also of those who were behind it. ISI has
been creating such groups as Gen Zia-ul-Haq had said: bleed
India from a thousand cuts.
"In the fight against terrorism and LeT, there is no
alternative to improving the situation between two nations but
for Pakistan to give satisfaction to India that it takes
action against these groups," Bernd Mutzelburg, German special
envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said.
Mutzelburg, who was addressing a seminar on global
terrorism organised by ICWA, said "India is more stronger and
reasonable and has more to gain if the plant (of Foreign
Secretary talks between two nations) could be made into a
"In order to take decisive steps against terrorism we
would be happy if one day the condition would be right to take
up composite dialogue again (between India and Pakistan) and
Germany would be willing to facilitate and support that
endeavour," he said.
Appreciating India`s restrained stand in the aftermath of
the Mumbai attacks, Mutzelburg said, "India has terribly been
affected by terrorism and the world was shocked by 26/11.
However, India won a lot of sympathy and respect for its
moderate, wise and well advised reaction. India renounced
surgical strikes, which might have ended in nuclear mayhem and
did not fall in the trap laid by terrorists."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand