`Pak must act against terror groups to better ties with India`
New Delhi: In a strong indictment of
Pakistan, Germany today said groups like LeT were a creation
of ISI and Islamabad will have to satisfy India that it was
acting against the terror outfit if it wants to improve
relations with its neighbour.
"I would agree that it (Mumbai attacks) was not only the
aim of just LeT but also of those who were behind it. ISI has
been creating such groups as Gen Zia-ul-Haq had said: bleed
India from a thousand cuts.
"In the fight against terrorism and LeT, there is no
alternative to improving the situation between two nations but
for Pakistan to give satisfaction to India that it takes
action against these groups," Bernd Mutzelburg, German special
envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said.
Mutzelburg, who was addressing a seminar on global
terrorism organised by ICWA, said "India is more stronger and
reasonable and has more to gain if the plant (of Foreign
Secretary talks between two nations) could be made into a
"In order to take decisive steps against terrorism we
would be happy if one day the condition would be right to take
up composite dialogue again (between India and Pakistan) and
Germany would be willing to facilitate and support that
endeavour," he said.
Appreciating India`s restrained stand in the aftermath of
the Mumbai attacks, Mutzelburg said, "India has terribly been
affected by terrorism and the world was shocked by 26/11.
However, India won a lot of sympathy and respect for its
moderate, wise and well advised reaction. India renounced
surgical strikes, which might have ended in nuclear mayhem and
did not fall in the trap laid by terrorists."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'