`Pak must act against terror groups to better ties with India`
New Delhi: In a strong indictment of
Pakistan, Germany today said groups like LeT were a creation
of ISI and Islamabad will have to satisfy India that it was
acting against the terror outfit if it wants to improve
relations with its neighbour.
"I would agree that it (Mumbai attacks) was not only the
aim of just LeT but also of those who were behind it. ISI has
been creating such groups as Gen Zia-ul-Haq had said: bleed
India from a thousand cuts.
"In the fight against terrorism and LeT, there is no
alternative to improving the situation between two nations but
for Pakistan to give satisfaction to India that it takes
action against these groups," Bernd Mutzelburg, German special
envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said.
Mutzelburg, who was addressing a seminar on global
terrorism organised by ICWA, said "India is more stronger and
reasonable and has more to gain if the plant (of Foreign
Secretary talks between two nations) could be made into a
"In order to take decisive steps against terrorism we
would be happy if one day the condition would be right to take
up composite dialogue again (between India and Pakistan) and
Germany would be willing to facilitate and support that
endeavour," he said.
Appreciating India`s restrained stand in the aftermath of
the Mumbai attacks, Mutzelburg said, "India has terribly been
affected by terrorism and the world was shocked by 26/11.
However, India won a lot of sympathy and respect for its
moderate, wise and well advised reaction. India renounced
surgical strikes, which might have ended in nuclear mayhem and
did not fall in the trap laid by terrorists."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!