Pak officials to visit Tihar to ascertain nationality claim
New Delhi: Officials of the Pakistan High
Commission here will visit the Tihar jail on March 30 to
ascertain the number of its nationals lodged there and verify
their nationality claims.
The High Commission had written a letter to the Union
Home Ministry seeking access to the Tihar jail, Ministry
The High Commission officials will visit the Tihar jail
on March 30 where over 70 prisoners claiming to be Pakistani
nationals are now lodged, the sources said.
The sources said the High Commission officials will
collect all documents and photographs of the prisoners
claiming to be Pakistani nationals which they will cross
These prisoners belong to the Gowhar Shahi sect, banned
by Pakistan government, and kept in Tihar Jail since April 23,
2007, after they staged a demonstration here seeking asylum in
India on the ground that their life was at risk in Pakistan.
Home Secretary-level talks between India and Pakistan
will be held here on March 28 and 29. Ahead of the talks,
Pakistani High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik had met Home
Secretary GK Pillai yesterday.
Representatives from the United Nations High
Commissioner for Refugees had visited them recently to decide
their on their plea for refugee status.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi