‘Pak planes violated air space 23 times in 3 yrs’
New Delhi: Pakistani military planes have violated Indian air space 23 times in the past three years including twice in last four months, Defence Minister AK Antony said on Monday.
He also noted that all such violations are "taken up" with the country concerned.
"During the last three years-- 2009-2011 -- and current year, 23 incidents of air violation by planes of Pakistan defence forces were reported," Antony said in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
"All such violations are analysed and taken up with concerned country through laid down channels as per established procedures," he said.
He was asked whether incidents of violation of international air space rules along Indo-Pak border by the planes of Pakistan defence forces are rising and about the frequency of such violations by Pakistan during the last three years.
Giving details, Antony said Pakistani military aircraft violated Indian air space eight times in 2009.
The maximum number of these incidents in the three years took place in 2010 when the Pakistani planes transgressed into the Indian territory on 11 occasions, he said. In 2011, two incidents were reported, he said.
In reply to a question on recent military exercise `Shoor Veer` along the western border, Antony said, "The exercise was conducted as part of periodic training event to practice battle drills and procedures in the designated areas of training."
The exercise was conducted in Suratgarh in Rajasthan from April 20 to May 5 and elements of Indian Air Force (IAF) had also participated in it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31