Pak prisoner, Sanaullah, in deep coma
Chandigarh: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, was critical and in deep coma at the PGIMER here.
"He is on ventilator and in deep coma. He contiues to be critically sick," said an update on Sanaullah`s condition issued by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research on Saturday night.
"Sanaullah remains on ventilator," it said adding his blood pressure had been going down and his neurological status remained the same.
52-year-old Sanaullah, who was brought to the PGIMER from Jammu last evening, is being looked after by a team of doctors, including neurosurgeons, at the intensive care unit.
Earlier, a medical bulletin said the prisoner`s urine appeared to be adequate and "further treatment will depend on his stabilisation and neurological status".
A team of Pakistani High Commission officials visited Sanaullah, a resident of Saialkot in Pakistan, at the PGIMER after India granted consular access to them last night.
The officials again visited the hospital and were in touch with the doctors for regular update on the prisoner`s condition.
Sanuallah is serving a life term after being convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Two prison officials, including Jail Superintendent Rajni Sehgal, had been suspended by the Jammu and Kashmir government in connection with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list