Pak prisoner, Sanaullah, in deep coma
Chandigarh: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, was critical and in deep coma at the PGIMER here.
"He is on ventilator and in deep coma. He contiues to be critically sick," said an update on Sanaullah`s condition issued by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research on Saturday night.
"Sanaullah remains on ventilator," it said adding his blood pressure had been going down and his neurological status remained the same.
52-year-old Sanaullah, who was brought to the PGIMER from Jammu last evening, is being looked after by a team of doctors, including neurosurgeons, at the intensive care unit.
Earlier, a medical bulletin said the prisoner`s urine appeared to be adequate and "further treatment will depend on his stabilisation and neurological status".
A team of Pakistani High Commission officials visited Sanaullah, a resident of Saialkot in Pakistan, at the PGIMER after India granted consular access to them last night.
The officials again visited the hospital and were in touch with the doctors for regular update on the prisoner`s condition.
Sanuallah is serving a life term after being convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Two prison officials, including Jail Superintendent Rajni Sehgal, had been suspended by the Jammu and Kashmir government in connection with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog