Pak prisoner, Sanaullah, in deep coma
Chandigarh: Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay, who was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in a Jammu jail, was critical and in deep coma at the PGIMER here.
"He is on ventilator and in deep coma. He contiues to be critically sick," said an update on Sanaullah`s condition issued by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research on Saturday night.
"Sanaullah remains on ventilator," it said adding his blood pressure had been going down and his neurological status remained the same.
52-year-old Sanaullah, who was brought to the PGIMER from Jammu last evening, is being looked after by a team of doctors, including neurosurgeons, at the intensive care unit.
Earlier, a medical bulletin said the prisoner`s urine appeared to be adequate and "further treatment will depend on his stabilisation and neurological status".
A team of Pakistani High Commission officials visited Sanaullah, a resident of Saialkot in Pakistan, at the PGIMER after India granted consular access to them last night.
The officials again visited the hospital and were in touch with the doctors for regular update on the prisoner`s condition.
Sanuallah is serving a life term after being convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
Two prison officials, including Jail Superintendent Rajni Sehgal, had been suspended by the Jammu and Kashmir government in connection with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest