Pak prisoner Sanaullah`s condition extremely critical
Chandigarh: The condition of injured Pakistani prisoner Sanaullah Ranjay is "extremely critical" and far worse than on Tuesday night, a medical bulletin said on Wednesday.
"His overall status is extremely critical, far worse than yesterday night," a medical bulletin issued by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) said.
"Neurologically he continues to be in deep coma," the bulletin issued by Prof S N Mathuriya, Head of Neurosurgery department and Prof Y K Batra of Anaesthesia, said.
"The patient has become extremely critical. He has developed renal failure with no urine output since morning. Hence, he was put on peritoneal dialysis by Nephrologists," the bulletin said.
It further said, "He had developed hypothermia (low temperature). He is in uncontrollable acidosis with arterial pH 7.06 and base deficit -19 (grossly deranged). His oxygen level is maintained on lower level of optimum (80 per cent oxygen flow). His blood pressure is maintained on highest dose of vasopressors (an agent that causes a rise in blood pressure)."
A resident of Sialkot in Pakistan, 52-year-old Sanaullah Ranjay is serving a life term after he was convicted under TADA provisions following his arrest in 1999.
He was injured in a scuffle with another inmate in the high security Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu and rushed to the PGIMER in an air ambulance on Friday last.
The assault came a day after the death of an Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh who was brutally attacked by fellow inmates in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail.
Sanaullah`s relatives, brother-in-law Mohammed Sehzaad and nephew Mohammed Asif, who arrived in Chandigarh on Tuesday, visited him on Wednesday for about 10 minutes in the Advanced Trauma Centre of PGIMER.
Tight security arrangements have been put in place around the Advanced Trauma Centre where Sanaullah is undergoing treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla