Pak prosecutors seek voice samples of 26/11
Islamabad: Pakistani prosecutors have approached a court seeking voice samples of seven men, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, saying the measure will speed up their prosecution.
Special prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali of the Federal Investigation Agency filed an application that was admitted for regular hearing by the Islamabad High Court yesterday.
Prosecutors also filed a separate application that asked the court to declare Indian terror suspect Fahim Ansari a "proclaimed offender" or fugitive.
A two-judge bench issued notices to the seven suspects, asking them to respond to the FIA`s application seeking their voice samples.
Ali contended that the voice samples would help prosecute the seven suspects, who have been on trial since 2009.
"The Indian government had sent the alleged voice samples of the seven accused facing trial here. If the court allows us to obtain their voice samples, the truth will be before everyone," he said.
The FIA has for long been seeking voice samples of the seven accused so that they can be compared with recordings provided by Indian authorities.
The recordings include intercepts of communications between the attackers in Mumbai and their handlers in a control room in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra