Pak prosecutors seek voice samples of 26/11
Islamabad: Pakistani prosecutors have approached a court seeking voice samples of seven men, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, saying the measure will speed up their prosecution.
Special prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali of the Federal Investigation Agency filed an application that was admitted for regular hearing by the Islamabad High Court yesterday.
Prosecutors also filed a separate application that asked the court to declare Indian terror suspect Fahim Ansari a "proclaimed offender" or fugitive.
A two-judge bench issued notices to the seven suspects, asking them to respond to the FIA`s application seeking their voice samples.
Ali contended that the voice samples would help prosecute the seven suspects, who have been on trial since 2009.
"The Indian government had sent the alleged voice samples of the seven accused facing trial here. If the court allows us to obtain their voice samples, the truth will be before everyone," he said.
The FIA has for long been seeking voice samples of the seven accused so that they can be compared with recordings provided by Indian authorities.
The recordings include intercepts of communications between the attackers in Mumbai and their handlers in a control room in Karachi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive