Pak prosecutors seek voice samples of 26/11
Islamabad: Pakistani prosecutors have approached a court seeking voice samples of seven men, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, charged with involvement in the 2008 Mumbai attacks, saying the measure will speed up their prosecution.
Special prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali of the Federal Investigation Agency filed an application that was admitted for regular hearing by the Islamabad High Court yesterday.
Prosecutors also filed a separate application that asked the court to declare Indian terror suspect Fahim Ansari a "proclaimed offender" or fugitive.
A two-judge bench issued notices to the seven suspects, asking them to respond to the FIA`s application seeking their voice samples.
Ali contended that the voice samples would help prosecute the seven suspects, who have been on trial since 2009.
"The Indian government had sent the alleged voice samples of the seven accused facing trial here. If the court allows us to obtain their voice samples, the truth will be before everyone," he said.
The FIA has for long been seeking voice samples of the seven accused so that they can be compared with recordings provided by Indian authorities.
The recordings include intercepts of communications between the attackers in Mumbai and their handlers in a control room in Karachi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3