Pak provincial minister praises Delhi`s progress
New Delhi: Impressed with the infrastructure development of the national capital, a visiting Pakistani provincial minister on Friday said Lahore should be developed on the lines of Delhi.
Minister of Food in Pakistan`s Punjab province Abdul Gafoor Khan Mayo, while addressing a function at Adarsh Public School, said he was "greatly impressed" with the development taking place in Delhi.
Known as Moonlight Public School during pre-partition days, the Adarsh Public School used to function at Lahore.
The minister said he is yet to visit such a developed city where one can find wide roads, spread out Metro network, flyovers and vast greenery, a statement from Parliamentary Secretary to the Delhi Chief Minister, Mukesh Sharma said.
The Minister, praising the functioning of democracy and sense of secularism in India, said there was a need for further strengthening people-to-people relations in the two neighbouring countries.
He said that the Punjab government there would feel honoured to invite Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and her Parliamentary Secretary Mukesh Sharma to Lahore, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video