Pak Rangers witness Wagah ceremony from Indian side
New Delhi: Pakistan Rangers on Thursday got a different view of the traditional retreat ceremony at the Wagah border-- from the Indian side.
The visiting delegation, led by Pakistan Rangers Director General (Sindh) Maj Gen Rizwan Akhtar, and his entourage were hosted for the traditional flag-lowering ceremony by the BSF as they occupied the stands on the Indian side.
BSF officials said the delegation, which was flown on a special plane from the national capital to Amristsar after finishing their four-day talks with BSF, later crossed over to Pakistan.
The visting delegation of the Rangers was also joined by about 90 guests from Pakistan who had ealrlier crossed over to the Indian side at Wagah for the ceremony.
India and Pakistan have been traditionally hosting the flag-lowering ceremonies at the Wagah Attari border for many years now and the ceremony marked by aggressive postures from the guards is attended by a huge number of people from both the countries as well as foreign nationals.
The border forces on the two sides have agreed to tone down the actions of the guards.
Greetings and gifts are exchanged by officials at this frontier during national festivals like Independence Day, Republic Day and festivals like Diwali, Holi and Eid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read