Pak refutes India`s assertion on 40 terror camps in PoK
Islamabad: Pakistan today described as
"baseless" the Indian Army chief`s assertion that over 40
terrorist camps were operational in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
and said both countries need to address terrorism in a
cooperative and pragmatic manner.
Reacting to Gen V K Singh`s assertion that "active"
and "holding" terror training camp are operational in PoK,
Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit described his comments as
"baseless and self-serving."
Basit said terrorism was a "global and regional issue"
and that "Pakistan`s own concerns vis-a-vis India in this
regard had been amply conveyed".
"Both sides had agreed to discuss the issue of
terrorism and to address this matter in a cooperative and
Recently, the SAARC Interior Ministers conference in
Islamabad adopted an important statement on the fight against
terrorism," he said.
During a media interview, Gen Singh also said the
Pakistan Army remained steadfast about its "Kashmir agenda"
and was resorting to giving "covering or distracting fire" to
help militants sneak into India across the Line of Control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets