Pak reiterates support to Kashmir cause
Islamabad: The Pakistani government would continue its support to the people of Kashmir till the resolution of the issue, said Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf on Thursday, a day when talks between India and Pakistan ended in New Delhi. Ashraf said that the government would continue its moral, political and diplomatic support to the people of Kashmir till the resolution of issue in accordance with UN resolutions and the aspirations of Kashmiris, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
He was talking to Azad Jammu and Kashmir Prime Minister Abdul Majeed who called on him.
During the two-day talks between Pakistan Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani and his Indian counterpart Ranjan Mathai, the two sides discussed the Jammu and Kashmir issue and agreed to find a peaceful solution "by narrowing divergences and building convergences".
In this context, both sides discussed strengthening confidence building measures (CBMs) to step up trade and travel across the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Kashmir and decided to convene a meeting of the working group on cross-LoC CBMs July 19 in Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!