Pak repatriates five Indian prisoners
Attari : Five Indian nationals who were languishing in Pakistani jails were today released by the government there.
All the prisoners were repatriated to India through the international Attari/Wagah border on the basis of `Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by the Islamabad based Indian High Commission as they were lacking travel documents.
Khushboo Paswan, Khaki Hussain Shah, Karely Bhanu Das Vithal, Muhammad Ali Ahsan and Gyan Chand were immensely happy after reaching the Indian territory, sources said.
Immediately after stepping on the Indian soil they bowed their head and kissed the land.
They claimed that they had crossed over to Pakistan "inadvertently", where they were arrested on spying charges by the Pakistani border guards.
The released prisoners claimed that they were tortured and ill-treated by the security personnel there.
Medical aid was not easy for the Indians lodged in the jails in Pakistan, they alleged.
They also claimed that food given to Indians in the Pakistani jails was not hygienic and even many a times they were forced to eat stale food.
The prisoners belonged to Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Bihar and Maharashtra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata