Pak repatriates five Indian prisoners
Attari : Five Indian nationals who were languishing in Pakistani jails were today released by the government there.
All the prisoners were repatriated to India through the international Attari/Wagah border on the basis of `Emergency Travel Certificate` issued by the Islamabad based Indian High Commission as they were lacking travel documents.
Khushboo Paswan, Khaki Hussain Shah, Karely Bhanu Das Vithal, Muhammad Ali Ahsan and Gyan Chand were immensely happy after reaching the Indian territory, sources said.
Immediately after stepping on the Indian soil they bowed their head and kissed the land.
They claimed that they had crossed over to Pakistan "inadvertently", where they were arrested on spying charges by the Pakistani border guards.
The released prisoners claimed that they were tortured and ill-treated by the security personnel there.
Medical aid was not easy for the Indians lodged in the jails in Pakistan, they alleged.
They also claimed that food given to Indians in the Pakistani jails was not hygienic and even many a times they were forced to eat stale food.
The prisoners belonged to Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Bihar and Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'