Pak resorts to heavy firing along LoC in J&K
Jammu: Violating Ceasefire along the Indo-Pak
border in Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan troops Friday targeted Indian forward posts by opening heavy firing along the Line of
Control (LOC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Eight to nine uniformed personnel were digging close to
the Line of Control in Jangard sector of Rajouri district and troops on this side challenged them around 11.30 last night, a senior Army officer said.
They escaped back to the Pakistan side and around 11.45 pm
Pakistan troops from several of their posts fired on Indian
posts with small arms and machine guns indiscriminately, the
Indian troops guarding the borderline took positions
and fired back resulting in exchanges for over an hour, he
said, adding that there was no loss of life or damage to
property in the Pak firing.
"Pak has violated the Indo-Pak ceasefire. We will lodge a
protest with them", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list