Pak resorts to heavy firing along LoC in J&K
Jammu: Violating Ceasefire along the Indo-Pak
border in Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan troops Friday targeted Indian forward posts by opening heavy firing along the Line of
Control (LOC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Eight to nine uniformed personnel were digging close to
the Line of Control in Jangard sector of Rajouri district and troops on this side challenged them around 11.30 last night, a senior Army officer said.
They escaped back to the Pakistan side and around 11.45 pm
Pakistan troops from several of their posts fired on Indian
posts with small arms and machine guns indiscriminately, the
Indian troops guarding the borderline took positions
and fired back resulting in exchanges for over an hour, he
said, adding that there was no loss of life or damage to
property in the Pak firing.
"Pak has violated the Indo-Pak ceasefire. We will lodge a
protest with them", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials