Pak set up 856 bunkers along borders with India
New Delhi: Intelligence agencies have given
inputs that Pakistan has constructed and repaired 856 bunkers
and 143 Border Out-Posts (BOPs) along its boundary with India,
Lok Sabha was informed on Monday.
"Government is aware through intelligence inputs that
Pakistan has constructed and carried out repairs of 856
bunkers, 261 morchas, 378 towers and 143 BOPs," Defence
Minister A K Antony said in Lok Sabha.
The Defence Minister said protests have been lodged with
Pakistan Rangers and Flag Meetings are held in all cases.
"The matter is also taken up by the BSF with Pakistan
Rangers during scheduled meetings at various levels," Antony
He said Government has taken several steps such as
establishment of Observation Posts, construction of border
fencing and introduction of modern and hi-tech surveillance
equipments and upgraded the intelligence set up to check
In reply to a query on ragging in Sainik Schools, Antony
said in last three years, 11 such incidents have been reported
from 24 institutes.
He said after receiving information about ragging in
Tilaiya Sainik School, a Brigadier was sent there to
investigate the matter and it occurred that the particular
incident had happened in November 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Iran chastises Russia for publicising use of Iranian bases
- Poll shows that most Israelis, Palestinians still seek peace
- Gionee to set up manufacturing unit, invest Rs 500 crore
- 26/11 Mumbai attack case: Pak court sends terror financier to judicial custody, snubs investigators
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first